The Brunts Academy Student entitlement (CEIAG)
Students in Years 8-13 are entitled:
- To find out about technical education qualifications and apprenticeships opportunities, as part of a careers programme which provides information on the full range of education and training options available at each transition point.
- To hear from a range of local providers about the opportunities they offer, including technical education and apprenticeships – through options evenings, assemblies and group discussions and taster events.
- To understand how to make applications for the full range of academic and technical courses.
Meet The Team
Mr Davies – Assistant Head for Sixth Form and Careers
Mrs Barnard – CEIAG Co-Ordinator
What does Mrs Barnard do?
- Mrs Barnard attends parents’ evenings to raise the profile of careers to all parents and carers.
- Mrs Barnard holds independent careers meeting with students and parents/ carers as part of supporting students with securing their career aspirations and destinations.
- Mrs Barnard is a registered member of CDI holding a Level 6.
- The Brunts Academy is an affiliate of the CDI.
- Mrs Barnard regularly attends careers meetings to ensure the Academy has the latest information. This includes DNLCC and Boots.
How can I contact Mrs Barnard?
CEIAG Calendar 2018-19
All Year 10 students undertake 2 weeks’ work experience in April with Year 12 undertaking it in July. Students are supported throughout the process to enable them to secure placements relevant to their career aspirations and/ or subject interest. The placements are quality assured by the Evolve Trust to ensure all legal health and safety requirements are met.
Challenge projects are also held with local companies offering bespoke work experience opportunities for Year 10 students.
Post 16 Employability Opportunities
Post 16 students regularly attend Mansfield 2020 breakfasts where they network with over 120 local business leaders. The students are mapped to specific employers according to the students’ career aspirations and subjects.
Post 16 Career Internship
Managed by the Evolve Trust, the programme offer internships to Year 13 students not wishing to go university and looking for employment/ apprenticeships. The internship is built into the student’s timetable and supports them develop employability.
- The portal is live to parents, students and tutors.
- A careers programme is also on the portal.
- It gives daily access to online careers resources such as National Careers Service.
- It provides regular updates re Labour Market, Future Careers, employment opportunities i.e. apprenticeships.